Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Packing, Moving, and Preparing

Wow! Time has gotten away from me in the last month.  It has been a while since I have posted, and I thought it was about time to fill everyone in!  In the past two weeks I have completed my last day at my public school, boxed up my classroom, and finished vaccines for Haiti!  It has been a whirlwind of activity that has kept me spinning from one thing to the next.  Tomorrow my father and brother are helping me move all of my boxes to my new classroom.  I never knew someone could collect so many things from only six years of teaching!  Goodness....I hate to see how much stuff I have after 30 years of teaching!  While I am having to sacrifice many things to follow God's plan, I am very excited for my new journey at the private christian school!  Yes, it will mean less money, Hoosier healthwise, selling my comfortable roomy house, and no benefits... BUT the rewards will out weight all of that!  It will be so nice to spend more time with both of my boys.  I will get to eat breakfast with them every single morning, see glimpses of them throughout the day, and even be there for school activities!  For the first time ever I took a field trip with my oldest son.  It was such a joy to be a PARENT on a field trip rather than a teacher.  Much more enjoyable and pleasant for sure!

As for my house, it has not sold yet.  However, today there was another showing!  This was the 2nd time the couple had gone through the house.  My realtor told me that it was an excellent showing, and he got calls with lots of questions regarding the house.  The couple told my realtor that they would get back to him in a day or two.  So... if you are reading this, please pray for an offer!  I am calling all prayer warriors!!  

My trip to Haiti will be here in one week.  I will take off for a life changing adventure that is making me step out of my comfort zone!  Earlier this week I was having moments of panic!  I kept asking myself why in the world did I sign up to do this!  I hate spiders, the unknown, and taking strange medicine for diseases I never want to experience!  I am more at peace today with the trip, and I pray that peace continues to surround me until I step foot back on American Soil with familiar surroundings that don't involve tarantulas!!!!  Eww!  I definitely don't want to share a bed or shower with those lovely creatures!!!  Please pray for me and my team as we depart on Friday.  Stay posted to the blog as I will be blogging my trip!!  I will post pictures as well! 

Even with all of the busyness surrounding me, I have had the chance to enjoy the start of summer!  My oldest son finished school this week, and we have already enjoyed many swims, games, late nights, and lazy mornings!!  Tonight we were watching So you think you can dance, and my youngest one was so funny!  Every time they would do a dance he would attempt to mimic them on the living room floor!  He LOVES to dance!  He is so dramatic at times... add that to his personality and you have one entertaining child! 

No comments:

Post a Comment