Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The joys of traveling

On Friday I met up at school with the rest of the team to depart for our Haiti trip. We left the school at 11:30 and headed to Detroit to catch our plane to Fort Lauderdale, FL. Once we arived at the airport, we had plenty of time to grab some supper. Our last good meal for a while I am sure. After arriving at our gate, we discovered our flight was delayed by three hours. It wasn't a big deal since our flight to Haiti didn't leave until 7 am the next day. We had a lot of fun during our delay with card games, laughter, airport walks, and some entertaining teenage girls. Haha... There wasn't a dull moment with them around! We finally touched down in FL Around 1:30. It is currently almost 4 am and we are attempting to sleep on the airport floor. I must admit, this is a difficult thing for me to do. Too many noises, people, and a very hard floor! I am sure I will sleep well in the bunkbeds at Haiti after this! I will be too exhausted to care a that point! Our flight is on time and should depart at 7 am! Once arriving in Haiti, we will be greeted by he NVM staf who will bus us out to the campus. We have been told it is about 20 miles from the airport, however, it will be bumper to bumper traffic and could take a couple hours to reach NVM campus. I will have pictures when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment