Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Safey Net

This past week my father and I had a discussion about my letter of resignation.  He was worried about his one and only daughter.  (with good reason.. as any WONDERFUL father would!) He didn't want me to turn in my letter of resignation until I was secure in my new position, had a contract, and had time to see what would happen to my house.  In other words, my safety net would be gone, and I wouldn't have a backup plan.  I didn't see how it would be fair to either school system to not turn in my letter of resignation and communicated this with my father.  I also thought, how am I putting my faith in God, if I have a back up plan or safety net.  Then it dawned on me... I wasn't putting my COMPLETE faith in God until I turned in that official letter of resignation.  Perhaps.. God wouldn't move further or move mountains (my house) until I showed Him that I trusted Him COMPLETELY!  On Friday I turned in my official letter of resignation to both the principal and the superintendent.  WOW.. huge step!  However, after turning in my letter, I remained at complete peace.  A peace that is not of this world, but only from the one and only Heavenly Father! 

My house didn't have any action this week, but I do have a showing today.  I also have an open house tomorrow!  I am no longer worried about selling my home, and I have put it in God's hands.  After talking with my brother he reminded me of God's timing.  He said, "If God allowed my house to not sell in the time that I think it should, it does not mean that He didn't come through."  What a great reminder for all of us.  God does have a perfect will and perfect timing.  Our plans and time may not line up with His! BUT, His plans and timing are always better even when we don't agree!!! 

I must say it has been such a blessing to hear my boys' prayers this week.  They have been taking turns praying each night for the house to sell and mommy's new job!  What sweet little hearts they have and faith in God!  We all need to have childlike faith!  I thank God for my two loving, but WILD boys!!  On a side note... they were so cute this week when I cut my finger.  We were reading our bedtime story when I got a little paper cut.  The boys saw a little blood and quickly got up to get me toilet paper and a bandaide.  The oldest one even put it on!  I didn't need it, or ask for it, but their eagerness to take care of their precious mommy was sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment