Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Quiet Week

It has been a rather quiet, but peaceful week.  I have not had much action on my house, and hoping for more in the coming two weeks!  Today is mother's day, and I have been blessed with a wonderful mother.  She truly cares for me and helps me out every single day with my two children.  This day can sometimes be a little difficult for me.  I didn't plan to raise children on my own, and it has proved to be challenging.  As I sat in the pew today at church, I noticed all the "happy" families together.  I sat there alone pondering what those families would be doing together today to celebrate mothers.  Did she "the mom" get breakfast in bed, wake up to beautiful flowers, or a day of pampering from her significant other.  I sat there finding myself feeling rather blue knowing I didn't have a significant other to make sure my day was special.  I did my best to quickly snap out of the blues and be thankful for the day.  I know my boys love me very much, and I understand they are just a bit too young to fully understand the concept of mother's day.  I am truly blessed to have a mother who goes out of her way to know I am loved, and that I am a great mom!  I did enjoy a sunny day, laughter with the boys, and even had a chance to get in a run! 

Happy Mother's Day and remember you are loved by your heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment